4 replies [Last post]
gussiglo21
gussiglo21's picture
Offline
newbie
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Last seen: 6 years 5 days ago
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Timezone: GMT-3
Joined: 2011-12-13
Posts: 7
Points: 10

Hello colleagues

I'm not english speaker an I will try to explain the problem.

I go for my second web responsive design and the new site for a customer I have ready to release I tested on IE , Chrome , Opera , Safari and Firefox and all behave very acceptably .

I use the CSS Reset Meyer, I do the overall design and then I make different adjustments for different screen resolutions to adapt the behavior of the different DIVs and sections , formats, etc. trying to work orderly.

The problem my site have is with some smartphones that do not adequately show the elements as shown by the different browsers I mentioned above .

For example , One page have ......
two divs occupying 60 % and the other 40% of the screen width.

For screen sizes of Sony Xperia smartphones I make these divs to be 100% , so it should fit on one another .
But what happens?
In desktop browsers that happens fine, but not in Sony Xperia using Chrome.
In the smartphone those 2 divs remain with original widths of 60% and 40%.
Those divs appears as not being "obedient" with the CSSs.
In consequence, its text is smaller and will not read well .
All pages are correctly linked with main CSS and responsive CSS for media.

On the same HTML page, below there is a div that spans the entire width of the screen and is not affected by CSS.
In this DIV letters remain the size it should be and look good.

The colors go fine and other formats too, but in appearance, the smartphone "ignores" some things, and not ignores other things of the CSS.
Some things are adapted. Other things are not adapted, I dont know why.

Here is the link to that page:

http://www.surmetalweb.com.ar/prueba/policarbonato-compacto.html

MI Nokia 5800 (much older than the more modern Sony Xperia I tried on the test) even with its limitations it correctly fits all sizes, but not very modern Sony ! !

The site has many other pages with similar layout.
If anyone has time to advise me what to do or what could be what happens I will be very grateful !
Greetings and thanks !
GusSiglo21

Tony
Tony's picture
Offline
Moderator
Brisbane
Last seen: 3 days 23 hours ago
Brisbane
Timezone: GMT+10
Joined: 2003-03-12
Posts: 5342
Points: 2963

Hi gussiglo21, I think you

Hi gussiglo21,
I think you need the meta tag:

<meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1.0, width=device-width" /> 

Otherwise some phone and handheld devices will scale the site down.

gussiglo21
gussiglo21's picture
Offline
newbie
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Last seen: 6 years 5 days ago
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Timezone: GMT-3
Joined: 2011-12-13
Posts: 7
Points: 10

Tony wrote: Hi gussiglo21, I

Tony wrote:

Hi gussiglo21,
I think you need the meta tag:

<meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1.0, width=device-width" /> 

Otherwise some phone and handheld devices will scale the site down.

Hi Tony
Viewport metata is present in all pages.

It works fine in every page, but the "mistery" is why it dont works fine in the modern Sony Xperia.
Thank you for your answer.

Tony
Tony's picture
Offline
Moderator
Brisbane
Last seen: 3 days 23 hours ago
Brisbane
Timezone: GMT+10
Joined: 2003-03-12
Posts: 5342
Points: 2963

Hi gussiglo21, The viewport

Hi gussiglo21,
The viewport meta tag is not in the source of the page you linked to: http://www.surmetalweb.com.ar/prueba/policarbonato-compacto.html
Chrome on my nexus 4 needs that to not scale the site down.

gussiglo21
gussiglo21's picture
Offline
newbie
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Last seen: 6 years 5 days ago
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Timezone: GMT-3
Joined: 2011-12-13
Posts: 7
Points: 10

Dear Tony, thankyou thank

Dear Tony,
thankyou thank you for your time and your help.
Last week after my message here, I went to my sister'e house to test personally with her smartphone.

After 4 hours........ oh my God four hours !!!!!!! I discovered my mistake.

I made several pages using VIEWPORT........ but in some moment I made some general replacing operation and after this I continued creating pages based on the modified pages...... that unintentionally does not contained the VIEWPORT!!!
It was my mistake
Some things make me crazy Smile really
Anyway thank you thank you!!!!!!
Best regards!!!! Merry Christmas, happy new year! all all all! I m happy Smile