I just completed the design to my new portfolio and
would like a critique.
Here is the site: www.rjrportfolio.com
The only issue I have is in Firefox 3.5.5 when you scroll
the CSS navigation which is "position:fixed;" does not
I believe this site will also validate as XHTML 1.0 Strict as well.
Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
my network blocked your site.
my network blocked your site. sorry, cant help you.
I fixed the Firefox
I fixed the Firefox issue.
Any feedback or comments greatly appreciated.
Im home now and can view the
Im home now and can view the site.
1. happy it validates!
2. should be using strict dtd, not transitional.
3. need to more seo
4. research the term divitis.
5. why so many divs for a simple logo? listen, the h1 should act as a container for the logo graphic. you'll want to research image replacement techniques. Your current h1, isnt a heading. it should be changed to a p tag, since thats what it is.
<!-- IE requires the additional use of to allow for links to work properly --> <div class="links" style="border-top-width:0px;border-bottom-width:0px;"> <a href="resume.pdf" title="Resume" target="_self"><span> Resume </span></a></div>
I find it very hard to believe you need these non-breaking spaces. These two links should be an ul list.
7. you dont need JS to make those links roll-overs. just use css for this.
8. h1 should only be used one time, you have many of them. Use correct heading hierarchy.
9. why are you using the object tag? its not doing anything but looking messy. u should take them out.
10. I dont like the "view site" roll-over. You dont need this here. users know that when you see the hand cursor, it means clickable.
11. your opening paragraph needs more line-height, and maybe larger font.
12. also, that double-border should go away, it makes things look cramped up there. it throws off your minimal design. Same goes for that dotted border.
13. "web design portfolio..." should not be an image, but real text!
14. dont like the 10px border you have on tools
15. be careful using absolute positioning for layout.
16. this whole layout is messy. nothing is in natural flow.
Thats enough to keep you busy. plz dont be offended, i just say it how it is.
Thanks for the feedback
Thanks for the feedback CupidsToejam.
I addressed 70% of your input.
Here is the update: http://www.rjrportfolio.com