1. isnt PHTML outdated? 2.
1. isnt PHTML outdated?
2. why so many divs for such a simple layout - homepage
3. in-line styles are sloppy, unless you're doing email marketing, then you havent many options.
4. This home page doesnt tell me anything about who you are and what you do. Sure, you have those weird blocks, but you need more. If I cant understand what you are and what you do within 3 seconds, im leaving the page and never coming back
On the home page, make the
On the home page, make the entire block clickable. I sat their for 10 seconds before I realized their were links in the bottom right corner that blended in with the background. That, or make the links "pop" more. Ya, I said it. Make em POP!
Thank you guys for your
Thank you guys for your comments.
1. The phtml is generated automatically by the CMS.
2. You are right, it doesn´t make sense to use so many divs. This is a result of: "hmm, how should i start?". You drop a div here and here and why not here? It´s just a "come back soon"-page. At the beginning it´s much easier to use divs/block elements in the html-markup and put all the css-stuff somewhere else. This has to be done in the next step.
3. I use(d) in-line-styles just because it was so much easier to show the page and all the amendments to the client.
4. That´s a really good point, i wrote several times to the customer. The answer was: Nope! It´s not only that the pictures doesn´t tell anything to you. There´s no content which could be indexed by search engines. The best way would be using own domains for each topic. But it is as it is. My job is to use what ever i can get and make the best of it.
In this project i got some business cards and fliers at the beginning. So, everything (even the selected pictures) were optimized to be printed. The most contentious point at all was that i ever said that the web is not a piece of paper. All the pictures in the mind of the client about the final site were strongly related to printed content.
The first time i read that there just should be pictures of the business cards on the home page i thought: "Wow, that´s bad!"
"Nearly" as written above is to clean the markup and to kick all useless styles and divs and whatever waits for me checking the templates.
So, i think the link is more
So, i think the link is more clearly now.