This is my first post here.
I like learning things while working on real projects. I am building my first graphic design portfolio website and decided I should create my own menu. Besides I didn't like any that I found.
Here it is:
It validates XHTML 1.0 Strict. I checked in all major browsers and it looks fine.
This is what I'm looking for:
1. The css codes are too complicated. Especially those flap divs on both sides of each tab. Should I use span? When you use span how do you refer to it without giving id's? Generally my code feels complicated.
2. I don't want it to break when text is enlarged in browsers. I tested this and there is good flexibility but is it good enough? How can I improve it? Should I switch from px to em's. I feel like this is going to be very difficult.
3. Regarding accessibility in especially mobile devices, how can I improve the font size settings? Are they fine as they are?
4. To centre the menu I used a wrap. Is there a better way doing this?
5. Is there a way to attach the flap images to left and right of the tab while the tab's width is flexible and expands with longer text?
Freelance Graphic Designer