12 replies [Last post]
antibland
antibland's picture
Offline
Leader
Pittsburgh
Last seen: 10 years 44 weeks ago
Pittsburgh
Joined: 2005-01-17
Posts: 603
Points: 0

Just last week, I was having a discussion about browser use with a graphic designer friend of mine who I'm slowly converting into a geek (come to the dark side of standards, Daryl...). The last time I looked, which was admittedly a while ago, IE still controlled something like 85% of the browser market. Then I read this article and learned that IE has fallen considerably to a modest 65% rating. Even more satisfying than seeing IE's dropoff was seeing FF's rise; FF is now reported to be at 25%! This proves that FF is massaging the eye sockets of more than just the geeks. Now FF is reaching the braindead cubicle vermin and white-haired automatons, too. Go fox!

- Antibland

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
Guru

Re: Foxy

antibland wrote:
Now FF is reaching the braindead cubicle vermin and white-haired automatons, too.
Don't be frontin' on da automatons! Laughing out loud

antibland
antibland's picture
Offline
Leader
Pittsburgh
Last seen: 10 years 44 weeks ago
Pittsburgh
Joined: 2005-01-17
Posts: 603
Points: 0

Re: Foxy

Triumph wrote:
antibland wrote:
Now FF is reaching the braindead cubicle vermin and white-haired automatons, too.
Don't be frontin' on da automatons! Laughing out loud

It's cool to front on the cubicle vermin, though, right? Laughing out loud

- Antibland

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
Guru

Re: Foxy

antibland wrote:
It's cool to front on the cubicle vermin, though, right? Laughing out loud
Well, yeah. They're nothing but trouble in the hood.

gary.turner
gary.turner's picture
Offline
Moderator
Dallas
Last seen: 19 hours 39 min ago
Dallas
Timezone: GMT-6
Joined: 2004-06-25
Posts: 9743
Points: 3822

Re: Foxy

Triumph wrote:
antibland wrote:
It's cool to front on the cubicle vermin, though, right? Laughing out loud
Well, yeah. They're nothing but trouble in the hood.
Do be careful about making your feelings known — many of those very nice folks' cubicles are located in the payroll department.Smile

cheers,

gary

If your web page is as clever as you can make it, it's probably too clever for you to debug or maintain.

antibland
antibland's picture
Offline
Leader
Pittsburgh
Last seen: 10 years 44 weeks ago
Pittsburgh
Joined: 2005-01-17
Posts: 603
Points: 0

Multitasking

kk5st wrote:
Triumph wrote:
antibland wrote:
It's cool to front on the cubicle vermin, though, right? Laughing out loud
Well, yeah. They're nothing but trouble in the hood.
Do be careful about making your feelings known — many of those very nice folks' cubicles are located in the payroll department.Smile

cheers,

gary

I meant "vermin" in the nicest way possible. Very subjective term, don't you think? As a freelancer barely holding on, I have to keep my spirits high by demeaning others in creative ways while simultaneously circumventing the rat race.

- AntiCubicle

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
Guru

Re: Foxy

kk5st wrote:
many of those very nice folks' cubicles are located in the payroll department.Smile
And I LOVE THEM with all my heart! Laughing out loud

antibland
antibland's picture
Offline
Leader
Pittsburgh
Last seen: 10 years 44 weeks ago
Pittsburgh
Joined: 2005-01-17
Posts: 603
Points: 0

Foxy

On your marks...get set...

roytheboy
roytheboy's picture
Offline
Guru
North Wales, UK
Last seen: 6 years 16 weeks ago
North Wales, UK
Timezone: GMT+1
Joined: 2004-09-18
Posts: 2233
Points: 41

Re: Foxy

antibland wrote:
The last time I looked, which was admittedly a while ago, IE still controlled something like 85% of the browser market. Then I read this article and learned that IE has fallen considerably to a modest 65% rating.

I have two particular sites that run on my CMS system that I use to measure the state of play of browser usage in the UK. One is aimed at young families but predominantly high-earning young males who are likely to be internet savvy. This month it has had 14,300 visitors, 91.3% who use IE and 4.2% who use FireFox. The other site is an on-line store aimed at home-owners after a good deal, many of whom are not particularly internet savvy beyond being able to follow an advert on google or the like. So far this month this site has had 15,500 visitors, 91.8% who use IE and 5.2% who use FireFox.

The w3schools site is used by internet savvy people who are keen to follow standards. Sadly its visitor stats are not representative of the the real world in any way Sad

Life's a b*tch and then you die!

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
Guru

Re: Foxy

roytheboy wrote:
Sadly its visitor stats are not representative of the the real world in any way Sad
The real world STINKS! Laughing out loud

Hugo
Hugo's picture
Offline
Moderator
London
Last seen: 4 years 44 weeks ago
London
Joined: 2004-06-06
Posts: 15668
Points: 2806

Foxy

There are three types of lies:

Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics.

Browser stats found on techy type sites have little relevance, giving a very false impression.

Hugo.

Tony we could do with easing of the profanity checker !

Before you make your first post it is vital that you READ THE POSTING GUIDELINES!
----------------------------------------------------------------
Please post ALL your code - both CSS & HTML - in [code] tags
Please validate and ensure you have included a full Doctype before posting.
Why validate? Read Me

antibland
antibland's picture
Offline
Leader
Pittsburgh
Last seen: 10 years 44 weeks ago
Pittsburgh
Joined: 2005-01-17
Posts: 603
Points: 0

Re: Foxy

roytheboy wrote:
antibland wrote:
The last time I looked, which was admittedly a while ago, IE still controlled something like 85% of the browser market. Then I read this article and learned that IE has fallen considerably to a modest 65% rating.

I have two particular sites that run on my CMS system that I use to measure the state of play of browser usage in the UK. One is aimed at young families but predominantly high-earning young males who are likely to be internet savvy. This month it has had 14,300 visitors, 91.3% who use IE and 4.2% who use FireFox. The other site is an on-line store aimed at home-owners after a good deal, many of whom are not particularly internet savvy beyond being able to follow an advert on google or the like. So far this month this site has had 15,500 visitors, 91.8% who use IE and 5.2% who use FireFox.

The w3schools site is used by internet savvy people who are keen to follow standards. Sadly its visitor stats are not representative of the the real world in any way Sad
There is unfortunately a lot of truth in what you say. However, those statistics were taken at different times from the same site. That must have some relevance. Less people (many thousands) are using IE, and for that, I'm a little happier.

roytheboy
roytheboy's picture
Offline
Guru
North Wales, UK
Last seen: 6 years 16 weeks ago
North Wales, UK
Timezone: GMT+1
Joined: 2004-09-18
Posts: 2233
Points: 41

Foxy

FireFox is undoubtedly growing in popularity (and rightly so), but there's a big difference between 91% and 65%!

Life's a b*tch and then you die!