Sometime last decade I built a web interface to MySQL using PHP. At first it basically managed records, allowed you to add, delete and modify table data etc. Over time it has evolved into a full database management system that depending on your privileges and settings allows you to:
- Create or delete a database
- Create, drop or rename tables
- Alter table structure
- Add or drop keys and indexes
- Add, remove or change the properties of columns
- Add, modify, search or delete table records
- Manage users and privileges
- Backup and restore databases
- Save queries and results
- Optimise tables
The main purpose was to make management of MySQL data easy.
The 3.0 version has just been released and can be downloaded freely from http://appcreator.com/tablemgr.php once you have an account.
This version has had some major new features and any feedback on it's use with different MySQL versions will be appriciated.
Get it while it's free