8 replies [Last post]
ClevaTreva
ClevaTreva's picture
Offline
Guru
A hilly place, UK
Last seen: 4 years 5 weeks ago
A hilly place, UK
Joined: 2004-02-05
Posts: 2902
Points: 0

Hi folks

Did this one:

Winterburn Media

For my brother.

Does it work in your browsers? Sorry, just a measly PC here Sad

Does it look OK?

He wanted a very simple clean look.

It should validate OK :thumbsup:

Treva

Tyssen
Tyssen's picture
Offline
Moderator
Brisbane
Last seen: 8 years 8 weeks ago
Brisbane
Timezone: GMT+10
Joined: 2004-05-01
Posts: 8201
Points: 1386

Getting 'server not found'

Getting 'server not found' at this end.

How to get help
Post a link. If you can't post a link, jsFiddle it.
My blog | My older articles | CSS Reference

Tony
Tony's picture
Offline
Moderator
Brisbane
Last seen: 3 weeks 4 hours ago
Brisbane
Timezone: GMT+10
Joined: 2003-03-12
Posts: 5344
Points: 2965

working for me

It looks good Trevor nice clean design.
Works consistently in the browsers tested through litmus: http://csscreator.litmusapp.com/pub/e0d8c9b

Tyssen
Tyssen's picture
Offline
Moderator
Brisbane
Last seen: 8 years 8 weeks ago
Brisbane
Timezone: GMT+10
Joined: 2004-05-01
Posts: 8201
Points: 1386

My only comment would be

My only comment would be that the splitting of the two columns on the portfolio and services pages into different colours makes the stuff on the right seem like a sidebar and therefore 'additional' content rather being part of the same thing.

How to get help
Post a link. If you can't post a link, jsFiddle it.
My blog | My older articles | CSS Reference

Ed Seedhouse
Ed Seedhouse's picture
Offline
Guru
Victoria British Columbia
Last seen: 1 year 41 weeks ago
Victoria British Columbia
Timezone: GMT-8
Joined: 2005-12-14
Posts: 3570
Points: 675

Nice clean, readable design

Nice clean, readable design that also looks great. My only concern is that when one increases font size the space between your header DIV and the H! "Welcome" text expands rather quickly and pushes the main text down quite a lot.

I'm sure you will know better than I whether that can be fixed or not, but I wonder why the line height on your #header is 7em?

Ed Seedhouse

Posting Guidelines

Watch out! I am carrying irony, sarcasm and satire, and know how to use them.

ClevaTreva
ClevaTreva's picture
Offline
Guru
A hilly place, UK
Last seen: 4 years 5 weeks ago
A hilly place, UK
Joined: 2004-02-05
Posts: 2902
Points: 0

Ed Seedhouse wrote:Nice

Ed Seedhouse wrote:
Nice clean, readable design that also looks great. My only concern is that when one increases font size the space between your header DIV and the H! "Welcome" text expands rather quickly and pushes the main text down quite a lot.

I'm sure you will know better than I whether that can be fixed or not, but I wonder why the line height on your #header is 7em?

Hi Ed, thanks for the heads up on that one. I'll look at it to see if a fixed height would be better.

Trevor

ClevaTreva
ClevaTreva's picture
Offline
Guru
A hilly place, UK
Last seen: 4 years 5 weeks ago
A hilly place, UK
Joined: 2004-02-05
Posts: 2902
Points: 0

Tyssen wrote:My only comment

Tyssen wrote:
My only comment would be that the splitting of the two columns on the portfolio and services pages into different colours makes the stuff on the right seem like a sidebar and therefore 'additional' content rather being part of the same thing.

Hi Tyssen

I agree. I have already suggested a change to my brother. Waiting to hear what he wants to do.

Trevor

ClevaTreva
ClevaTreva's picture
Offline
Guru
A hilly place, UK
Last seen: 4 years 5 weeks ago
A hilly place, UK
Joined: 2004-02-05
Posts: 2902
Points: 0

Tyssen wrote:Getting 'server

Tyssen wrote:
Getting 'server not found' at this end.

That was my brother not knowing what he was doing and buying a server/domain package from a spiv.

ClevaTreva
ClevaTreva's picture
Offline
Guru
A hilly place, UK
Last seen: 4 years 5 weeks ago
A hilly place, UK
Joined: 2004-02-05
Posts: 2902
Points: 0

Tony wrote:It looks good

Tony wrote:
It looks good Trevor nice clean design.
Works consistently in the browsers tested through litmus: http://csscreator.litmusapp.com/pub/e0d8c9b

Oh, that looks good to me Tony. Happiness.