I finished revamping the athletics website for the college website it do. I've updated the info and got the look to match the look of the newly redesigned homepage. I'll put the links to the current athletics site and the new one below. One problem I could never fix was in sections such as "Meet the Athletics Staff" I could not get the
Old Athletics site
New Athletics site
This is definitely an upgrade from their previous version! It is very organized/modular, which I feel is good for a site like this with so much information. You may want to try and validate it, your getting some minor errors in the sub pages.
My only other gripe is it seems a little to plain, it gets the job done no doubt, and blows the old site out of the water. If it is supposed to match the main site, then you did a perfect job, but check out this site anyways just to get some inspiration on university sites.
Thanks for the feedback
Thanks for the feedback. I wish I had known about that design meltdown resource when redesigning the site. I have basicly been using USNews top 100 colleges and looking at their websites for inspiration. Many of them aren't that impressive for a top 100 school. Anyways, most of my stuff is too far along for a complete redesign now, but I'm sure that I will use this resource in the future. Did you get a chance to look at pages such as http://www.jalc.edu/athletics/staff.html. If so, do you know why my div class .playerinfo isn't containing the picture within it in IE6? If you have any thoughts, please let me know. Thanks again for your feedback.
P.S. Alot of the "Big" Colleges use the company's listed below for their athletics websites. I'm sure it is convenient but there is usually tons of info crammed into those pages which I find unappealing.
try adding clear:both or
try adding clear:both or clear:right to .playerinfo
Put the image above the heading n the source code (works but may not look right wehn viewed with CSS off)
Massive improvement over the original
I already added a clear:
I already added a clear: both; to the .playerinfo, and also used overflow: hidden. They didn't fix the problem. Moving it above the header still doesn't quite make the dashed border go below or clear the picture, and like you said, it wouldn't really display correctly with CSS turned off anyway. Thanks for the positive feedback though.
I fixed the problem by adding float: left; and width: 100%; to the playerinfo class. I also had to change the bottom margin of .playerinfo ul to 0 to make the spacing for the bottom to come out right in IE6. Thanks again for the feedback.