Belus Technology has just announced version 1.3 of its XStandard XHTML WYSIWYG editor for Windows and browser-based content management systems that support ActiveX. XStandard manages rich content in any language and generates clean XHTML markup (Strict or 1.1) with no deprecated tags, and without running code clean-up routines.
Version 1.3 of XStandard includes significant enhancements
- a fully configurable and customizable toolbar
- support for importing legacy or "dirty" markup generated by other editors
- syntax highlighting in View Source mode
- a gateway for inserting content from third-party applications
- support for the correct use of block quote
- retention of structural elements like tables, lists, hyperlinks, images and semantic markup when pasting from Microsoft Word
- a new API for programmatically inserting data and building custom toolbars.
- new toolbar icons and buttons
- greater support for the <div> tag
- the ability to insert content between 2 block elements
- support for MS Access and Delphi
XStandard supports popular editing features including tables, lists, links, text wrapping around images, and custom tags. CSS are used for formatting and XStandard makes applying CSS fast, easy and accurate. Web Services functionality in the Pro version of XStandard powers a spell checker and permits files to be dragged into the editor from the desktop, as well as browsing of files in remote libraries.
The "Lite" version of XStandard is free for use in production apps. Get full info / downloads/ test-drive at http//xstandard.com