I have discovered a strange problem with one of my CSS layouts - and for some reason only on some pages not all.
Thing is when it's offline i tested it in all my browsers, and it worked fine. As soon as i put it online, the layout messes up in the same browsers. Does anyone have the foggiest what could cause this?
I know which element is causing the problem - it's a spacer div that gives my page some extra height in a column layout - i basically have to move it from inside one other div to outside of it, to switch between the working online layout and working offline layout But what's super weird, is that when it is inside (and doesn't work online) other pages on the site with the exact same layout - down to the very last detail (checked and quintruple checked) - work absolutely fine without any change!!
I'm not in a hurry to solve this, - as for the time being i just have an online version and an offline one, but i can't figure it out at all! Anyone experienced similar problem or have any idea why going online would make a difference?
Put the page up as a
Put the page up as a temporary page so we can see it and provide screenshots as to what and where it is going wrong.
No code , No link Please
No code , No link :shrug:
Please supply something for us to help you with (as per the posting guidelines)
However this isn't a CSS problem as such, but we may be able to help.
try reuploading the files.
try reuploading the files. maybe something got damaged. happened to me. I once lost 20kb of stylesheet
site's already online
site's already online www.oncommonground.co.uk, have attached a couple of screenshots of it viewed through web dev extension in firefox also. Grifscreenshot is a page that works both online and offline and which i've never had any problems with, the div has always been here - inside. The evalscreenshot is the evaluation page where i had to move the div to outside of the submenu to make it work online - but offline is absolutely fine if inside...
It's the evaluation pages where the problem occurs. My submenu div is relatively positioned and stretches the height of the page but it's only on a few where the text has been longer than the menu that i've actually included this div. When the layout messes up - i have no screenshot of this at the mo sorry - the text goes behind the footer and you can see with web dev that no matter how long my submenu is that also goes behind the footer. I have a common stylesheet for the whole site, and the layout and order of the html is exactly the same... i've been crawling through the cod looking for open tags and whatnot, but maybe it needs fresh eyes
sorry, wasn't expecting
sorry, wasn't expecting replies so soon, link is up as is some screenshots.
desdinova, i don't think i've lost my stylesheet because all the pages are using the same one but it's only a few that are not working, and i've uploaded and reuploaded the pages a few times to test the differences - happens everytime that the page screws up when the div is moved inside my submenu div.
false alarm, found the hole
false alarm, found the hole in my code - in a completely other div that was missing a : in it's dimensions... and all of a sudden it works...