Markus Mielke has posted a long list of the changes made to IE7 on the IE7 Blog. There is a lot to get your head around so here is an overview with a couple of the highlights.
Most of the changes require IE7 to be in standards mode, so the site must have a valid standards compliant doctype.
- Nearly all the IE bugs listed on Position is Everything have been fixed.
- Hover works on all elements, great news for CSS menu's.
- Min/max width and height is now supported.
- Support for position:fixed has been added.
- first-child, adjacent, attribute and child selectors have been added as well as the CSS3 attribute selectors: prefix, suffix, substring and sibling selectors.
Many more fixes, additions and changes.
Details on our CSS changes for IE7