I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Spend a little time thinking of those less fortunate then yourself, and on how we can make the world a better place in 2008.
Thanks for all the time people have freely given to help others on the CSS forum specially the moderators who do an excellent job of spotting spam and keeping the forum running.
Talk about happy New year.
I've just checked an old unused email account and discovered I have won,
- The UK national lottery(many times)
- The Turkish national Lottery
- Loteria Nacional (Spanish Lottery)
- Microsoft Award promo
- Aussie International Sweepstakes
- Euro Millions online Sweepstakes
- British Online Lottery Sweepstakes
- United Kingdom Microsoft Company
- Oxford International Lottery
- Netherland National Lottery
- World Cup 2010 Free Lottery
- Powerballs Lottery
A big part of the focus of this years conference was Mobile devices and the impact they will have on the web. Ajax, CSS, Accessibility and Social networks also featured highly. Many of the slideshows are available on SlideShare.
After the failed upgrade attempt a fortnight ago I spent a lot of time looking in the wrong direction. The main problem was that users were unable to log in. So I thought it must have been session related. I tried many experiments with cookies, cache and sessions locally but couldn't workout what was going wrong. Everything seemed to be working correctly apart from the failed logins.