In a little over 12 hours from now I will be making the long promised upgrade. It will be a lengthy process as there are a lot of changes. I'm expecting it to take at least 3 hrs possibly 4. Many of you may be wondering why it will take so long, so I will outline the basic process.
- I will be making a database backup so that I have something to fall back to if all goes wrong.
- Disable all the non core modules, blocks etc.
- Disable no longer needed modules
- Switching to a core theme
- Empty database cache
- Run cron to clear logs etc.
- Make another database backup
- Switching to the new system files.
- Running the database upgrade.
That was the easy part. Then I need to start upgrading, installing and configuring modules.
Rebuild and configuring permissions.
About then I can make the site live and I will notify people via twitter csscreator.
There will still be fine tunning to do but we should be up and running.
Author: Tony Aslett