I'm having a problem with line-height in Internet Explorer 5 on a Mac. I currently have the line-height set to 16px. It renders correctly on all Windows machines and Netscape 7 for OSX, but IE5 for OSX does some really odd things to it. I've tried setting the line-height to multiples of 1.5 & 1.6 but that doesn't work either. Does anyone have any suggestions?
What may help is including a doctype declaration at the top of your page before the html tag.
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd">
Read up on doctypes as they affect the way pages are rendered by different browsers.
You could also try 160% as another option.
Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately I don't have direct access to a Mac but I've implemented the DOCTYPE declaration already. I figure it can't hurt, and I'll be able to see if it changed anything in a couple of days when I do have access to a Mac.
If nothing else works, I'll have to remove the CSS on the text for IE on OSX. How ironic that normally I'm cursing Netscape on the PC, and on Mac it's the browser that displays the site properly.
i've tested it, i'm on a Mac... IE for mac anyway have too many bugs in display, you can't take it as a reference... 75% of the bugs are not occuring with the same version on PC... (it's a MS detail!)
btw, you're site is awesomly well flashed... i'd like to have such design for my own site.. :)